Established: June 2007
Our Mission: To develop a network of people for the purposes of:
Promoting humane and responsible pet ownership and, being advocates
for stray or abandoned animals in need of care.
What We Do: We are an all volunteer, nonprofit organization that:
Promotes responsible pet ownership
Responds to calls for help for animals in need
Assists owners with spay/neuter costs
Advertises found pets
Facilitates pet adoptions
Raises money for veterinary care for needy animals – Vet care provided through Valley City Veterinary Hospital
Just a few ways we’ve assisted our community:
- SVFA provides the HomeAgain Microchipping program at the Valley City Veterinary Hospital. The program is open to everyone and for only $40, you get a permanent microchip ID for your pet.
- We helped raise funds to build Valley City’s dog park located in Chautauqua Park and maintained by the Parks & Recreation Department.
- SVFA purchased dog waste bag dispensers which are located all around town including at the Dog Park, along the 5th Ave walking path, and near Mercy Hospital.
- We provided the Barnes County Ambulance and the Valley City Fire Department with pet oxygen masks.
- SVFA works with the Valley City Veterinary Hospital each fall to provide discounts during the Spay/Neuter Week. SVFA provides coupons and the Vet gives a 15% discount on spays and neuters during the promotion.
- The Humane Education committee visits with local 3rd Graders at Jefferson Elementary every year. They teach the students how to interact and care for pets as well as provide information about responsible pet ownership.
- These are just a few ways our volunteers have helped make our community better. We hope to make this list so much longer!
SVFA Board Members:
Christy Fliflet – President
Angie Martin – Vice President
Jenni Richman – Secretary/Treasurer